The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

November 19, 2011 0 comments
! WARNING: SPOILER ALERT !

"Breaking Dawn" is my favourite among Twilight novels, cause of the complexity and its all-stars, of course. Very intriguing to read all vampire powers in one book, and how Bella stood among them.

After been entertained by The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, I almost could not wait for this last installment. Then I heard it would be released in two parts .. just like the book. Before and after.

I knew what to expect from this Part 1.

Off I went to see the movie, in a cinema full of eager teenagers queuing for tickets.

Wait. Whaaaat? Teenagers? Didn't they see how the movie posters looked like? Those cheap distasteful Breaking Dawn posters that made it looked like a a cheesy triangle love story. Two men and a lady? Watch out! Lots of kissing and potential sex scene ahead. Wooo-ya!!

I was not gonna judge their parents though. They wouldn't know any better if they didn't read the book. (But hate to break this news, the trailers had given it away too, y' know).

I made a swift decision to move into the exclusive and overpriced studio, where the very least teenagers could afford its admission ticket. Didn't want to hear immature giggles, laughter or comments while I was busy attending the biggest wedding party of the century.

And I was right. The movie indeed was a hard-core cheese, Edward and Bella kissing almost in every scene they were together, and yes, in the mercy of the local sensor, the indication of a hot love-making scene between a vampire and a human was still very much alive on screen.

Breaking Dawn is a love story, and how it had misled most of us who expected some sufficient action scenes. (Unless one could call debating and arguing about when or how Edward and Bella should make a safe sex an action).

A shameless love story at all cost. And a beautiful one too.

No kidding here. Apart from the inappropriate PG-13 rating (I think it should be an R), I found myself as entertained as ever. Or maybe I was just that Twi-hard, and as cheesy, as shameless as I could be.

Breaking Dawn had the most romantic and dreamy wedding scene of all. And that gorgeous panoramic island that made me longing for a vacation.

Kristen Stewart was vulnerable and much better in her acting. Robert Pattinson, hmm, there were some moments when I just wanted to sit on his lap and purr. Taylor Lautner was underused. Not much he could do throughout the running time, until it came near the end when Jacob imprinted Renesmee. It was one of the highlights of the movie. The flash scenes and voice-over was beautiful, the way that Jacob looked at Baby Renesmee was perfect.

But then, not just Jacob Black, but everything came to be very intense and interesting near the end. The cliffhanger was so good, it was too cruel I should wait for one more year to get Part 2.

I'm not saying it's a good movie, nor saying it's bad. However, there are some questions I'd like to address to those people who bashed this movie:

1. Have you read the book?
2. Have you seen the previous 3 movies?
3. What did you expect before you saw this?

If they only could answer those with yes, yes and none, perhaps they would find it easier and more enjoyable to watch.


@)-->----- Forever is only the beginning.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Imitating the Critics | TNB