Brothers

June 27, 2010 0 comments
!! SPOILER ALERT !!

I got the recommendation from Rotten Tomatoes, and of course from my always-reliable JB. This movie put Tobey Maguire into the darkest side of his acting, that landed him in awards nomination. He's crazy, definitely got to the very edge of my nerves. The truth is, I wouldn't choose this movie should there haven't been Jake Gyllenhaal (and later I would thank Natalie Portman and the two cutie-pies as well).

Don't get me wrong, it's a very good movie well-executed by all actors. But the mood was gloomy and cruel, it's "Zodiac and Rendition" feeling.

Natalie Portman was very mature, never seen her like this before. Jake, he's a bit undertoned, shadowed by the explosive Tobey Maguire.

However, there are two scenes worth a whole movie:
1) When Tommy told Grace he made peace with his ex-victim (and then they kissed .. oooo)
2) When Isabelle bursted out about her mom and her uncle (then Tommy gave her niece this very quiet look .. a mixture of disbelief, betrayal, understanding and other unspeakable feelings .. made me want to soothe him "She didn't mean it, she's just a little girl. Or do you want me to slap her for you?").

Anyway. From this same movie, I got a kicking joke: "Why did the girl blush when she opened the refrigerator? Because she saw the salad dressing." Got it? Good.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Imitating the Critics | TNB